Friday 14 November 2014

The Hornet - Update 2

I  have been moving forward with my Hornet rebuild, now that I had the new shaft for the rear gear box I was able to put everything back together.  I stripped the shocks down and cleaned them up.  The rears got new oil added before fitting back onto the chassis.

The next stage was sorting out the wheels.  As you can see below they were in pretty bad shape.

First thing to do was strip them down, take the tyre off and clean them up.  Once this was done I got a small file and proceeded to file down the rough edges.  By filing up away from the center I slowly managed to remove the scraped edges and bring the wheel to a pretty good finish.

This is the same wheel as the first picture cleaned up, filed down with new metal bearings and a new tyre.  I did the same to all wheels but haven't added new tyres to the rear yet.
Here are a couple of pictures of the chassis rebuilt and wired up with the cleaned up wheels.


No comments:

Post a Comment